Friday 1 July 2011

Folksy Friday: A bit of freehand embroidery

It's a while since I've done a Folksy Friday so here goes.  Spotted a couple of really beautiful embroidered designs on Folksy recently.  I do a bit myself, but nothing as neat as these!  I really love my embroidery 'old-style' if you know what I mean, free hand, it brings back memories of happily playing as a child with a stack of half finished tablecloths and napkins and paper embroidery patterns and hoops that I think were left in our house by my paternal grandmother. As she died before I was born, I never got to learn from her, but those patterns and bits and pieces were a bit of a crafty inspiration.

Click on any of the pictures to visit these lovely shops:

This needle book combines embroidery and applique by Lynwoodcrafts

Stunning beaded and embroidered art deco design by Rebecca Jayne Dagger

So applicable to me!  Framed embroidery by littletreasures


Which is your favourite?

5 comments:

  1. I especially like the 'I never finish any...' embroidery! It made me laugh! I haven't done any embroidery for a long time - you've chosen some lovely pieces that have inspired me again! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including my trio of little floral frames. I'm enjoying my foray into embroidery and enjoying the creative process of a new craft.

    I love all your choices, they are all so accomplished, but especailly the framed embroidery by little treasures, as it is so simple yet so clever! And gave me a little giggle too.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh I just received my freehand embroidery foot in the post today, can't wait to "have a go", as they say!! I like the 1st one best, the needle case, lovely post too, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all fab but my fav has to be @I never finish any......'. LOL - Excellent... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for featuring my framed embroidery, I'm really chuffed. I love Natalie's flowers and Rebecca's art deco design - so clever!

    I'm currently dabbling in crochet and plan to get a few more items listed over the next few days. Wishing a happy and creative weekend to all.

    Linda x
    (little treasures)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails