Friday 4 March 2011

World Book Week: Folksy and Etsy picks


It's World Book Week, did you know?  I only caught up with this yesterday.  Wanted to put a link here, but couldn't find one that worked.  Apparently, the big event is focused on encouraging young readers, but there an additional Book Night on Saturday for the grown ups.

So here's a selection of Folksy and Etsy treasures which support reading.  Click on any of the pictures to go directly to the shops.


Love this Eqyptian inspired portfolio by ValSainsbury on Etsy - ideal for ideas and jewellery sketches, I think.  I have a Kindle for reading novels now, but there's no substitute for drawing my designs on paper, and this one is full of recycled, handmade paper so kind to the environment too.



An ideal present for a female reading friend, this brooch from Bookity on Folksy is just too cute!  And I'm sure I'm addled by now...


Not, as I initially thought, an instruction book, but a squared paper journal for you, perhaps to record the progress of your shop?! By Champignons on Etsy



A very short story, for when you're very short on time.  Comes with a free song.  What more could you ask?  By H.Ireland on Folksy.



Carry this notebook when you want to discreetly meet with other Mills and Boon fans... By InterAlia on Etsy.

And encourage the little ones to love books with this A3 poster print from Strawberrykitten on Folksy.  Bears need books too.

There are more book related UK items in this Etsy treasury.  Why not pop along and comment?

2 comments:

  1. Nice feature, as always!
    You write so well :)
    I enjoyed viewing your Etsy Treasury on this as well.
    Have a nice day!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails